1. Simple future tense
Often called will. because, the modal auxiliary verb
in this sentence is will.
FORM :
(+) S + WILL + Verb1
ex: I will
sing
(-) S+WILL+not+Verb1
ex: I will
not sing
(?) will + S + Verb1
ex: Will she
sing?
2. Future Progressive Tense
1. Form: WILL + BE + -ING VERB
The future progressive is formed
by taking the modal will, the base
form of the verb BE, and an action verb + -ING.
What about the other two future
forms? We can never use be + -ing verb instead of will
Example : (She will be
eating dinner).
2. Use:
The function of the future
progressive is to show a continuing (long) action getting interrupted
by a short future action.
3. Time Marker:
The time marker when is common for this case.
4. Examples:
- I will be sleeping when you arrive home from work next Friday night.
- They will be doing presentations in class when the practice fire alarm rings at 2 p.m.
- The mayor will be finishing up her work when the power goes out at the scheduled time tomorrow.
http://blog.esllibrary.com/2013/09/19/simple-future-vs-future-progressive/
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar